New Buses Put on Road
|Year||Total No.of Buses|
1. Introduction of New Buses
- 5000 buses have been introduced during 2018-19 and 2019-20
2. Locate and Access My Bus (LAMB)
- Locate and Access My Bus project will allow for accessing the location of the buses and arrival time at the bus stops across the state both on a web and on downloadable mobile application.
3. Introduction of A/C Buses
- 422 A/C buses in MTC, SETC, Kumbakonam and other STUs
4. Road Safety Initiatives
- The Transport Department is committed to Zero Accidents involving state vehicles. To this effect, the State Transport Undertakings have implemented many measures like Automatic Door Closing, Additional Mirrors to address issue of Blind spots in Buses, Driver Training, Driving Simulators etc.
5. Commitment to Climate Friendly Initiatives
- To migrate to clean and green fuel, 12,000 buses will be replaced of which about 2,000 would be electric buses across STU’s in the state.
Ongoing /Proposed Projects
1. CCTV in Public Transport buses in Chennai (Nirbhaya Safe Cities Fund)
- To ensure women safety, cameras are to be fitted in each of the 2,000 MTC buses and at various terminals.
2. Electronic Ticketing Machines &Common Mobility Card
- Commuters will be issued tickets through ETMs and will also be able to use their bank card as well as mobility cards on the Public Transport System across the State
3. Road Safety Initiatives along with Transport Commissionerate
- Proximity buzzers
- Body under run protection for buses plying on high accident routes
- Color coded terminals for reduced collisions
- Automatic door closers
- On Board passenger announcements
- Blind spot mirrors
- Scientific analysis of accidents
- Hiring of communication consultant
- Driver training
- Upgradation of crew facilities
4. State Mobility Task force
- To assist the Transport Department in framing a Sustainable Urban Transport Policy
5. KfW Funded Projects
- Low emission bus procurement : Procurement of 2213 BSVI compliant buses
- To migrate into electric buses, 500 buses will be procured
- IT up-gradation project that will improve the planning capability and replace manual data entry process in State Transport Undertakings across the state.
6. Intelligent Transport Management System in Chennai city(JICA)
- Vehicle Tracking and Large Display fixed in important Bus Terminus
7. Chennai City Partnership Program (World Bank Project)
- Business transformation of MTC
8. Next Bus stop announcement and Advertisement through audio
- Revenue model -Rs.1200 per bus per month
- Implemented in 75 buses under pilot basis
Click here to download PDF
All your comments write down below comment session. Thank you.