Road safety is the safety of people from road side injuries and accidents. It involves various methods and measures which must be followed by the road users to prevent serious injury and accidents. Road safety is very important for people of all age group to be safe and secure as well as reduce the number of road accidents and injury cases. So, everyone should strictly follow all the rules, regulations and signs of road traffic lights. Through this article we are providing Road Safety instructions for peoples who go by walk (or) riding a bus, What messages do these road signs convey & Essay on Road Safety.
RULES WHICH STUDENTS SHOULD FOLLOW:
When you walk
- Walk carefully.
- Obey traffic signals.
- Walk on the left-side of the road.
- While crossing the road, first you stop, look in all directions, listen for approaching vehicles and cross the road when you think it is safe.
- Where the road is marked with *Zebra crossing* use *Zebra crossing* for crossing the road.
While riding a bus
- Don’t be in haste to get on a bus. Wait till the bus comes to a total stop.
- Enter the bus one by one.
- Hold the handrail while you get on the bus.
- Wear your uniform/dresses neatly. Carry your school bag, water bottle etc. in neat and careful way so that they don’t get stuck anywhere.
- Be seated properly on your scat.
- Do not put head and hands outside the bus window and do not spit.
- Do not travel on footboard.
- Be alert to avoid getting hurt all of a sudden when the bus applies the brake or takes a turn.
- Do not make noise inside the bus.
- Obey the instructions of the bus driver and conductor. be cautious of fellow passenger’s comfort.
- While getting off wait till the bus stops.
- Use the front-door of the bus for exit.
- Use the handrail and get off one by one.
WHAT MESSAGES DO THESE ROAD SIGNS CONVEY ?
1. Pedestrial Crossing: Pedestrian can use the road to cross.
2. School Ahead.
3. Right Hand Curve
4. Use of Bicycle only.
5. Left Hand Curve
6. Sound Prohibited (Seen near Schools, Hospitals)
7. Heavy Vehicle Prohibited: Movement of heavy vehicles like truck, bus, etc. are prohibited.
8. Pedestrian Prohibited: Pedestrians are prohibited to cross the road.
9. Stop Sign: Indicates to stop.
Essay on Road Safety – PDF Download
Following are some essential road safety rules play great role in protecting children from road accidents by making them responsible pedestrian on the road:
- Parents should teach their children to be extra attentive and look everywhere (left and right) before crossing the road street.
- Children should always cross the roads by holding hands of their elders or friends.
- They should never run on the roads, should not be in hurry or leaving parents hand and be calm.
- They need to be more cautious on the road without getting distracted by anything.
- They should be practiced by their parents to follow sidewalks only or always use left side on the roads where sidewalks are unavailable.
- They should be taught to only cross the roads at crossroads after seeing traffic signals for pedestrians.
- They must be aware of the meaning of colors (red means stop, green means go and yellow means also stop), traffic light basics and importance of traffic signs on the roads.
- They should use rear side of the passenger seat while getting out of a car or bus.
- Children should be taught to not to play on the roads or other places out of playing zone.
- They should wear helmet and use all the measures while riding bicycle on the roads by ensuring proper functioning of brakes, horns and steering.
- They should not use earphone or other music listening instruments while riding bicycle on the road.
Parents may teach their children in better way by wearing seat-belts while driving a car or helmet while driving a bike anytime. Parents should follow all the road safety rules and road traffic rules while driving vehicle to establish good examples in front of their children as they are first example in the lives of their kids.
Need of Road Safety Knowledge for Children
According to the statistics, it is found that there are most of the road accidents cases in which children are involved, so they are at high risk than other age group people. They need road safety knowledge and education from their early ages. It should be started from their home and schools by adding this subject to their syllabus. Some points are mentioned below proving the fact that why road safety is so important for kids and children:
Road Safety Rules for Children
- Children are children, no one can be sure about what they will do next at home or other crowded place especially road during traffic situation.
- Children become completely innocent, they cannot judge the vehicles speed moving on the road.
- Drivers also cannot recognize their mood to move on the road especially when they try to cross the road in front of the vehicle because of their small height.
- They cannot judge how often vehicles can come on the empty road.
- They can cross road from anywhere on the road because they have no idea about proper place to cross the road.
- They become fearful soon and do not understand what they should do when they see vehicles coming to their direction.
For any queries regarding above topic, please ask us through below comment session. We will try to assist you as early as possible.